John Watson - Resume
John C. Watson
Imagemaker Photographic Studio
Suite 210 -2075
Vancouver B.C. V5Y 3W3
(604) 727 - 8506
E-mail : email@example.com
Vancouver based photographer, John C. Watson, has over 17 years experience in producing top quality photos in the editorial / commercial / photojournalism fields. Since beginning his career at the local newspaper in his hometown of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, he has achieved a vast amount of experience, developing into a versatile, accomplished photographer.
His ability to adapt any situation and ability to work well with people make him a valuable asset to any production team. John's friendly, outgoing nature puts everyone at ease and creates a positive environment conductive to meeting client needs. His knowledge of lighting, eye for composition and attention to detail, enable him to create the images his clients require.
With a repertoire ranging from award winning scenics to full press accreditation for three royal tours; from international magazines to brochures and newsletters, from full event coverage to product catalogues John has the ability.
New York, New York
Assigned as Stills Photographer for USO Middle East Tour with Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. Assignment included live performance shots as well as photo coverage of various aspects of the tour / trip including location studies and Photo opportunities with various dignitaries and other media events.
B.C. Restaurant News / Mercury Publications
1994 - present
Vancouver, British Columbia
On going photography assignment producing cover photos as well as inside editorial work for food-service industry publication. Assignments for this publication / publisher have included many Vancouver restaurants and restauranteurs.
Bank of Nova Scotia
1994 - present
Vancouver, British Columbia
Various corporate assignments for Regional Office and branches
Canadian Atlantic Lobster Promotion Association
1992 - present
Beach Point , Prince Edward Island
On going photography of lobster, lobster products, prepared dishes, the industry and "news" for use in promotional material, advertisements, newsletters and with press releases. Photographs have been used in the editorial sections of various publications in several countries.
Also : Beef Information Council (promotional), Enterprise PEI (promotional photos of lobster, Malpeque oysters, cultured blue mussels), Polaris (editorial), Cosmopolitan Importers (product shot for local ad), Rotary Club of Charlottetown (250 business locations over a 4 month period printed as a newspaper advertising supplement), Great Northern Knitters (additional catalogue photos), Maxine Delany / Rivas Fashions (promotional material of leather wear), P.E.I. Preserve Company (catalogue), The Toy Factory (catalogue), Krafty Sewing (catalogue) and etc. Assignments were completed from 1991 - present.
Either on assignment, accompanying articles, or through advertiSing and promotion photos have appeared in:
- Anne's World - Japan
- Atlantic Business Journal - Canada
- Atlantic Lifestyle Business - Canada
- Canadian Airlines Inflight Magazine
- Canadian Hotel and Restaurant
- Canadian Living Food Magazine
- Canadian Press - photos over wire service
- Country Woman - U. S.
- Emigrant Magazine - Hong Kong
- Entree Canada
- European Frozen Food Digest - United Kingdom
- Food Distribution Magazine - U. S.
- Food Management Europe
- Home Business Report - Canada
- Hong Kong Tatler - Japan
- Hotelier - United Kingdom
- Le Chef - Quebec
- Northwest Airlines Inflight Magazine - U. S.
- Produits de la mer - France
- Seafood Business - U. S.
- Seafood Canada
- Seafood Leader - U. S.
- Various MacLean Hunter Publications
Books and book covers
Various including :
- Barbecuing Atlantic Seafood - Nimbus Publishing
- Cultured Mussel Cookbook - Four East Publications
- Favourite Recipes of Old Prince Edward Island Kitchens - Nimbus Publishing
- Ghost Stories and Legends of P.E.I. - Hounslow Press
- Hounslow Press 1994 -95 catalogue
- Island Beaches: A Guide to the Beaches of Prince Edward Island - Four East Publications
- Largley Lobster Cookbook - Nimbus Publishing
- Shipwrecks and Seafaring Tales of Prince Edward Island - Hounslow Press
- Restaurant Secrets of Vancouver - CUC International
Have been hired as location photographer, Accredited Press Photographer for:
- Three Royal Visits - Prince Charles & Princess Diana , Prince Andrew &Sarah Ferguson and Prince Edward
- Culinary Masters Competitions
- More than 20 local and national conferences and corporate events including Destination Planners Inc "10th Anniversary Marti Gras bash"2000 "Planet Hollywood " opening Vancouver B.C. 1997, Bank of Nova Scotia B.C. & Yukon R.O., University of Prince Edward Island, C.P. Prince Edward Hotel, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, Atlantic Chamber of Commerce, Maritime Tel & Tel.
- Set photographer Nashville on the Road - U.S. Television program Cavendish PEI taping, Mollies Revenge video " Every Dirty Word", Mudgirl Video " Contact"
- Dozens of fashion shows beginning in 1993 through to the present including "Fashion Evolution"1999 Vancouver Ready to Wear,"Velocity" and "Wiggle" held annually in Vancouver B.C.
- Through media assignment, personal promotion or portfolio for individuals and personalities such as Umberto Mengi, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, Headpins, Toronto , Platinum Blonde, Mickey Gilley, Cliff Jones, Hal Bruce, Maxine Macleod, Toshizo Tanaka, Don Harron, Roy Bonisteel, Rex Allen jr., Sue Powel , Jim Stafford, Liz Grogan , and others
References available upon request