We have acted as "Events Organizer" for numerous events organized as professional and volunteer:
We provide a wide variety of short and night courses for writers, women entrepreneurs, small business and etc. such as:
- Women In Business Conference - (3 annual) also series of luncheons for Business Women for Greater Charlottetown & Area Chamber of Commerce in P.E.I.
- P.E.I. Shellfish Festival - for P.E.I. Shellfish Association/PEI Aquaculture Alliance
- Homepreneurs/Micro Business Conference - for the Association of Atlantic Women Business Owners, Charlottetown Chapter
- Write Into Summer - conferences for Writers for the Periodical Writers Association of Canada.
- Writers Workshops - several annual events organized for Holland College Conference Bureau, The Island Writers Association of PEI, etc.
- Lobster Conference - several events held over two years which aimed to bring together industry members to establish co-operative partnerships to increase the economic value of the lobster industry to the region, as well as protect and manage the resource. I worked on the organizing committees as CALPA staff.
- Planning Your Way to a Successful Writing Career - Yarmouth writers group, N.S. Also presented to the Periodical Writers Association of Canada, Victoria, B.C.
- Yes You Can Make A Living as a Writer - South Shore Literary Group, N. S.
- Attention to Business - Key to Writing Success Stories
- Diversification - P.E.I. Writers Guild, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Using Short Term Goals to Attain Long Term Success - Association of Atlantic Women Business Owners - Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Increase Your Income Through Effective Marketing - for writers,Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Promotion for Small Business - Holland College night courses, P.E.I.
- Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship - Beck and Bryne Job Development Program, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Business Writing - Women's Network Program, Summerside, P.E.I.
- Leading a Meeting - Women's Network Program, Summerside, P.E.I.
- Getting the Edge on the Writing Market - Periodical Writers Association of Canada in Sackville and Fredericton, N.B.
- Writing an Effective Resume - Business Training Centre,Charlottetown
- Ethics and the Freelance Writer and Positive Action Towards a Successful Writing Career - Holland College Conference Bureau, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Home As The Workplace: The Best (or worst) of Two Worlds for Working Women - Holland College Conference Bureau, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Time Management - Greater Charlottetown Chamber of Commerce
- Freelance Writing/Cookbook Writing/Copyright etc. - various
- Cooking Demonstrations, mussel and lobster promotions - Viva Food and Beverage Shows in Vancouver, British Columbia, International Association of Culinary Professionals Conference, New Orleans, etc.
P.O. Box 1204, Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island, Canada, C1A 7M8